Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly topic hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. Each week she provide a topic and you are free to use that topic and/or variations of that topic to make your top ten list. A full list of the weekly themes can be found here.
Today’s topic covers some of my non-bookish hobbies (I’m hoping I can come up with 10).
- Yoga – such a great workout and I love the focus on breathing and meditation.
- Wine – I’m counting this as a hobby. I’m not a sommelier (nor do I think they’re any better at knowing wine than I am), but I find it interesting to find and try new wines and looking into the winery itself.
- Hiking/Walking – this is a new one for me. I’m trying to get out and get fresh air, so I’ve been going on trails on the outskirts of my hometown.
- Learning (re-learning) Arabic – One of my minors in college was Arabic, but sense being out of college, I’ve lost almost all of it. So, I’ve been re-teaching myself. Unfortunately, I live in a small, middle of nowhere, town and surprisingly, there are no Arabic speaking peoples here.
- Houseplants/Gardening – this is not going well. The plant I have is dying….so we’ll see what happens.
- Card/Board games – Hanging out with friends, enjoying a glass of wine, laughing and having fun while playing a card or board game are some of my favorite nights.
- Drawing/Painting – It’s bad! Downright horrible, but I still enjoy it.
- Letter writing – I truly think this is a lost art form and should definitely come back into fashion (also, let’s all do our part and help out the U.S. post office as much as we can).
- Proofreading and editing – I love doing this and students look at me weirdly when I say this (I work at a university).
- Movies – similar to books, anything that has a good story or where I can learn something, I’m there with bells on.
I’m surprised I managed that! Tell me some of your non-bookish hobbies in the comments below!