As per usual, I started Friday Fives back when I started up the blog again and wanted to make sure I kept at least one regular post a week. This was, of course, before I knew there were others out there. But I decided to keep it, especially since I have the whole year planned out. In December, I decided to change it to Friday Fives instead to have more room for topics.
The last day of the year and it’s time to look back at what happened this year. As TTT focused on favorite books of the year, I’m using favorite authors of the year.
- Holly Jackson-I absolutely fell in love with A Good Girl’s Guide to Murder series and am excited to see what she comes up with next.
- Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie-One of the book groups I’m in read Americanah and it was a fascinating story of immigration and race. I definitely want to read her other books.
- Heather Walter-I don’t think I’ve stopped talking about Malice, nor will I ever stop talking about this book. I cannot wait for Misrule (the second book in the duology) to come out in May; I already have it pre-ordered.
- Becky Chambers–The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet is absolutely wonderful (the Wayfarers is on my TBR but I haven’t gotten to them yet)! I absolutely want to read (and own) all her books.
- Alexandria Bellefleur-Her first book Written in the Stars was such a fun and cozy lesbian romance novel. There’s fake dating, astrology, family drama, something for everyone to love. I’m super excited to read her other books.
Happy Reading Darlings!